Service Grid Open Source Project provides information of Service Grid and open source software which use the Service Grid, and also manages the development of the software.
This site is a community site for Service Grid Open Source Project. Members of the community can post requests, proposals and questions about the software on the multilingual BBS. To join the community, create your account from "Sign up" button on the top page of this site. An account is activated after the administrators approve the request for the account.
For effective development, This project roles of members and code management policy are defined. Please read through this page before you join the development of this project.
Roles of Community Members
A member of this project has one of the following roles. The upper role covers the responsibility of the lower one.
- Core Member
- Responsibility: Decide policy of the project, final review of code, commit release version of code, revert revision, approve request for participation/change of roles
- Core members are determined for each software. See the page of each software for the list of core members.
- Responsibility: Development, post development report, bug fix, commit to development branches, code analysis, reproduce bugs, test
- A developer can become a core member by recommendation or his/her request with approval of core members.
- Responsibility: Propose new functions, bug report
- Users of Service Grid Server Software or related to Service Grid can become a member of this project by getting an account of this project site. You can create an account from "Sign up" button on the top page of this site. An account is activated after the administrators approve the request for the account. The request for an account would not be refused unless there is some particular reason.
- Please post a request on the multilingual BBS if you want to join the development. You will be authorized as a developer after core members approve your request.
Begin with creating an account if you are new to this project.
In terms of code management, components of software stored in the source code repository of this project are classified as follows.
- Core Component
- Core components provides core functions of each software. They are designed to be used from Optional Components described below.
- Development of core components are controlled following project policies to maintain compatibility with optional components. This is the reason Service Grid Open Source Project neither develops derived software nor provides its source code repository for derived software.
- Only core members can commit source code of core components to the source code repository.
- When you want to add or modify functions of core components, post your request on the multilingual BBS first. You can post a patch on the BBS, but it is required to be reviewed by core members before it is merged with the source code Service Grid Open Source Project manages.
- Optional Component
- Optional components are developed independently with Service Grid Open Source Project, but by using core components.
- Members of this project can post their request on the multilingual BBS on the community site, but it is left to the developers whether or how the developer deals with.
- Optional components are classified into the following two categories.
- Authorized Component: Core members check the quality and watch development status.
- Unauthorized Component: Core members are not involved in the quality and development status.
The developer of optional components or their derived software can commit the source code to the source code repository after he/she join the project as a developer.
Refer to pages of each software for which components of the software belong to which categories.
Access to Repository
Service Grid Open Source Project uses SourceForge for the management of source code. Commitment to the source code repository is permitted to core members and developers. Refer to pages of each software for the repository URL.
Contact oss-project [at] langrid.org for inquiry about the project (replace [at] with @).